GDPR – Terms & Conditions
Who we are
Club Alpine is a UK and French registered tour operator, offering catered and self-catered accommodation in France.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Club Alpine – Terms & Conditions
To book your holiday, please complete the online request form
Subject to availability, we will then request the deposit from you, and on receipt of this the accommodation is secured. We will then email you with a receipt
By booking with us you agree to our full terms and conditions
The group leader must be at least 18 years of age and, in making the booking, confirms he/she is authorised to make the booking on behalf of the entire group
A non-returnable deposit of £100 per person (or full payment if booking within eight weeks of departure) must be paid at the time of booking
The balance is due no less than eight (8) weeks prior to your departure. If we do not receive the balance in full by this date, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you. In this case, the cancellation charges set out in Clause 7 below will be payable
- We are able to take bookings in GBP and EUR. The conversion from GBP to EUR will be calculated on the day
- A binding contract between us (Club Alpine) and you (the guest) comes into existence once your deposit or full payment has been received, and we send our booking confirmation to you or your travel agent
General information, timings and check in/out
- The holiday price includes: accommodation, French tourist tax, towels and linen
- Our catered service includes: 7 breakfasts, 6 afternoon teas and 6 dinners with wine served during the meal (if a fully catered service is booked)
- 5 of the 6 nights are hosted and on the 6th night a self service raclette will be offered
- The price does not include travel to and from the chalet, any insurance, lift passes, equipment hire, tuition, evening meal on the staff day off or any other expenses or services
- Check-in is from 16:00 however if you arrive earlier, you can store bags/equipment by arrangement
- Check-out is 08:30 from the rooms and 09:30 from the chalets. You may be able to store bags/equipment on your departure day by prior arrangement subject to availability
- The meal service will be offered at 19:30 and the children’s high tea 1.5 hours before.
- Parking is available free of charge on request. In Montchavin the garage has a maximum height of 2.1m
- We empty and re-fill the Jacuzzi on changeover days, please be advised the Jacuzzi will not be up to temperature on the day of arrival
- Once you have paid your deposit to book your accommodation, the price is final and protected against any fluctuation in food/fuel/utilities price increases
- If you are paying for exclusive use of the chalet, then the cost remains the same even if guest numbers rise or fall. Up to the maximum occupancy quoted on this website
Changes by you
- If you need to amend guest names on the booking please do so on the customer portal
- If your group size decreases, the chalet accommodation rate will not decrease.
- Any increase in group size will be accommodated where possible, but remains at the discretion of Club Alpine Ltd, and will be subject to additional charges. If we are unable to accommodate an increase in group size your booking will remain valid and any cancellations will be subject to our cancellation policy
- Accommodation and catering are provided for the guests named on the booking form only
Cancellation by you
- Should you or any member of your group need to cancel your trip, please just let us know in writing. Your notice of cancellation will be effective when we have received this. We always try to be understanding and flexible so please always contact us as early as possible
- As we incur costs from the moment we confirm your booking, the following cancellation charges will apply:
- 8 weeks or more prior to arrival: deposit or 50% of the total cost will be charged (whichever is greater)
- 4-6 weeks prior to arrival: deposit or 75% of the total cost will be charged (whichever is greater)
- 4 weeks or less: 100% of the total cost will be charged
- All deposits are non-refundable
Amendments and cancellation by us
- We reserve the right to make minor changes, if necessary to your booking which are defined as:
- The provision of an alternative room / similar chalet to that agreed on the booking form
- Your room/chalet not being accessible more than two hours outside of standard check-in/check-out time on the date of your arrival/departure
- Changing the day of the staff day off
- In the unlikely event of us being forced to cancel your accommodation you will be entitled to a full refund
Force Majeure and state of emergency
- Club Alpine Ltd cannot accept any liability or pay any compensation or refund where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by ‘force majeure’. In these Booking Conditions, ‘force majeure’ means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid with adequate preparations.
For clarification, “force majeure” in France must pass three tests:
- The event must have nothing to do with the company in question
- The event could not have been foreseen (or if foreseeable, must have been prepared for within reason by the company)
- The consequences could not have been prevented
Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, acts of state or government action, pandemics, adverse weather conditions, flooding, fire and all other events, decisions and actions outside our control. Where such changes and cancellations are as a result of a “force majeure”*, we will not be held responsible, and the above refunds will not apply.
10. Pandemic guarantee (until further notice)
In the event of a government enforced cancellation of your holiday, due to Covid-19, you will be entitled to a 100% refund of your paid holiday monies to be re-paid as follows:
- 100% of your deposit (up to a maximum of £100 per person) refunded if your balance has been paid.
- The balance will be refunded in the form of a credit voucher that can be used towards the cost of another week with us within two ski seasons following the cancellation.
The credit value can be used for any holiday with us within the two-season limit. The credit will be offset against the new season’s cost of the holiday as published on our website at the time of booking and includes any special offers. If the new holiday is of a greater value than the credit owed, the difference will be due as a normal payment to us to confirm the booking. If the new booking is of a lower value than the initial booking, no cash refund will be due. If your balance is still outstanding we reserve the right to withold your deposit for costs incurred in preparation for your arrival.
Valid Covid-19 Cancellation reasons that will lead to the utilisation of our Covid-19 cancellation policy are limited to:
- The official closure of the ski resort during your holiday week, for government reasons of Covid-19
- An inability to travel to resort, due to official Government travel restrictions; this is either:
- Mandatory travel restrictions put in place by the French government preventing your ability to travel to either France or our resort, or Mandatory travel restrictions put in place by the Government of your place of departure, preventing your ability to travel to France.
To clarify, an “inability to travel to resort” relates to your departure date only. Travel restrictions in place prior to your travel date, but no longer in place at the time of your departure do not constitute an inability to travel. For any resort closures/travel restrictions occurring during your stay, the refund policy will apply but only for any nights not spent in the chalet (e.g. you book a 7-night trip, Saturday-Friday; if you arrive on Saturday, the resort closes on Sunday, and you depart on Tuesday, you will be entitled to a refund of 4 out of 7 nights (Tuesday-Friday), priced pro-rata.)
We understand that quarantine/isolation can be introduced at any time by the French government or OUR local authority before, during or after your stay with us:
– Enforced quarantine/isolation ten (10) or less days prior to travel – we will refund your deposit and issue you with a credit voucher for the balance which will be valid for two ski seasons.
– Enforced quarantine/isolation during your stay – as we will be providing you a full chalet service as selected, you will not be eligible for a refund or compensation from us.
– Enforced quarantine/isolation post holiday by YOUR local/national authority – you will not be eligible for a refund or compensation from us.
All other reasons will not be considered a valid reason to utilise the Covid-19 cancellation policy, and our standard cancellation policy will apply. These include, but are not limited to:
– an unwillingness to travel (when travel is allowed in the above circumstances)
– an inability to travel due to medical reasons (including any related to Covid-19); such measures should be covered under travel insurance policies, and you are reminded we strongly recommend you take out travel insurance, to cover this and other eventualities.
– individual/household stay-at-home orders (outside of any government travel restrictions as above)
Cancelling your holiday in advance when travel restrictions have not yet been determined for your holiday week will not be considered a valid reason to utilise the Covid-19 cancellation policy. However, you will have the choice of moving your deposit and holiday to one of the following two ski seasons.
Club Alpine Ltd does not accept responsibility if you or any member of your group are denied access to the slopes or resort in general if you do not meet the requirements set out by the resort while you are with us. This can be, but not limited to, due to a lack of Covid-19 vaccination proof or other documents proving that you are fit to use the facilities in and around the resort. No refund or compensation will be given in these circumstances.
It is your and your group’s responsibility to take all necessary precautions to remain Covid-19 free which means proof of vaccination or a negative result upon entering France.
It is your responsibilty to buy comprehensive travel insurance that covers you for Covid-19 including placing you in alternative accommodation and repatriation if needed. Club Alpine Ltd. accept no liability or responsibility for any positive results while with us and no compensation and/or refund will be given.
The two Season Limit on Covid-19 Credit will be valid for up to two full seasons after the season of cancellation and can be used during the same season if holidays become viable later that same season.
Refunds only relate to the chalet hire and the service chosen. Air tickets, transfers, lessons, partly used ski passes and any other additional extras are not included and not refundable by us. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer any refunds or compensation of any amount for any type of repatriation, return trip, officially/self-encorced quarantine or officially/self enforced isolation, post holiday.
11. Ski and holiday insurance
It is your responsibility and we advise all guests to take out appropriate holiday insurance which gives comprehensive cover for all skiing accidents, other medical issues and for all other unexpected emergencies. Carré Neige insurance, offered by the French resorts can be added to your ski lift pass on request at the time of booking.
12. Leisure Facilities
While we make every effort to provide continuation of all of our facilities including our hot tubs and saunas, Club Alpine Ltd cannot be held responsible if they are found to be faulty and not working due to a fault or any other unforeseen circumstances which means it cannot be repaired immediately during your stay.
13. Hot tub and sauna
The use of the hot tub and sauna are at your own risk. Club Alpine and its employees take no responsibility for any accident, injury, health issue or death resulting from the use of these facilities. It is your responsibility to circulate this information to your group members, so they are aware. Failure to treat the facilities with respect resulting in damage will force us to close it down for the remainder of the week and charge you, as group leader, for any damage caused by any member of your group.
We trust you to report any damage caused by you or any member of your group during your stay with us. When you book with us, you accept responsibility for any damage or loss to Club Alpine property caused by you or any member of your group. Appropriate payment for any such damage or loss must be made to Club Alpine. If you fail to do so you indemnify us against any claims (including legal costs) subsequently made against us because of your actions.
15. Complaints and Problems
In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your holiday, please inform your chalet hosts in the first instance. Any notification must be put in writing and sent to email@example.com. Most problems can be dealt with quickly. If you remain dissatisfied, however, you must write to us within 28 days of your return giving your Booking Reference and full details of your complaint. We regret we cannot accept any liability in relation to any complaint or claim which is not notified entirely in accordance with this clause. We cannot accept any responsibility for services provided by third party companies.
We expect all clients to have consideration for other people and Club Alpine property. If in our opinion or in the opinion of any other person in authority, you or any member of your group behaves in such a way as to cause or be likely to cause danger, annoyance or distress to any other third party or the damage to property we are entitled, without prior notice, to terminate the holiday of the person(s) concerned. In this situation the person(s) concerned will be required to leave their accommodation or other services immediately. We will have no further responsibility towards such person(s) including any return travel arrangements. No refunds or compensation will be made, and we will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the termination. Club Alpine has a zero drugs policy and the same process applies to anyone found possessing or taking drugs.
17. Special Requests and Medical Problems
If you have any special requests please advise us at the time of booking. Although we will endeavour to pass any reasonable requests to the relevant supplier, we regret we cannot guarantee every request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part. We regret we cannot accept any conditional bookings, i.e. any booking which is specified to be conditional on the fulfilment of a particular request. All such bookings will be treated as ‘standard’ bookings subject to the above provisions on special requests.
If you or any member of your group has a medical problem or disability which may affect your holiday, please advise us before you confirm your booking so that we can advise as to the suitability of the chosen arrangements. In any event, please give us full details in writing at the time of booking. If we feel that we cannot properly accommodate the needs of the person concerned, we reserve the right to decline/cancel their reservation. Club Alpine does not accept any liability for guests staying with us who have not disclosed any medical conditions or restrictions that result in any medical emergency, damage or death.
18. Passports Visas and Health Requirements
A valid passport with at least six (6) months left until expiry is required to enter France. It is your responsibility to check the current entry requirements in good time before departure. It is your responsibility to ensure you are eligible to travel and are in possession of all necessary travel and health documents prior to departure for you and your group. All costs incurred in obtaining such documentation must be paid by you. We cannot accept any liability if you are refused entry onto any transport or into any country due to the failure on your part to carry correct documentation. It is your responsibility to check passport and visa requirements with the Embassy or Consulate of the country(ies) to or through which you are intending to travel.
19. Website Accuracy
Please note the information and prices shown in this website may change from time to time to keep up to date with price changes and other third-party information and services. Club Alpine Ltd retains the rights to change, update and revise the terms and conditions without prior notice. While every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the website and prices, regrettably errors occasionally do occur. Club Alpine Ltd continually check for these updates but cannot accept any liability for changes missed. You must therefore ensure you check all details of your chosen holiday (including prices) with us at the time of booking.
The website is our sole responsibility. It is not issued on behalf of and does not commit any independent organisation/carriers whose services are featured in it.